iSPAN 36702 4G Wireless Base Station AdvancedMC™
The iSPAN 36702 supports the complete functions of a 4G Wireless Base Station (with the exception of the radio) in a very small footprint. It is designed for use in 4G Networks including the LTE eNodeB as well as next generation WiMAX Base stations. It features three Optical Interfaces on the front panel for CSPRI/OBSAI Baseband interfaces or Gigabit Ethernet interfaces and AMC connector support for a combination of Gigabit Ethernet, Serial RapidIO™ and PCI-Express™ links.
High Performance Platform - Multicore Processor and FPGA
- Wintegra WinPath3 Network Processor - scalable RLC/MAC software is fully programmable in subset of C and uses multi-cores, including dual MIPS cores
- Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGA - Downlink and Uplink LTE PHY processing: LTE Turbo Encoder / Decoder, Rate Matching, FFT/iFFT with Cyclic Prefix Insertion, QAM mapper / demapper
- Deterministic processing provides low latency processing of intensive operations like the 1ms TTI processing for the LTE scheduler
- Rich Ecosystem of software tools and applications available through Interphase Partners
- S1/X2 network interface support including IPSEC and GTP tunneling
- eNodeB / WiMAX Application Software
- Scalable solutions by integrating multiple 36702’s and adding external processing capacity such as the Interphase 36CA / 36MC2
The 36702 utilizes Wintegra’s WinPath3 Network Processor with multiple Protocol Processing engines and MIPS processor cores for base station control. The WinPath3 supports L2 / L3 wireless protocols aligned with the latest 3GPP requirements and provides traffic policing and shaping, protocol conversion, and switching capability at 1/3 the power of general purpose multi-core solutions. The 36702 also utilizes the Virtex-6 FPGA Scalable programmable PHY hardware from Xilinx with footprint compatibility across device family.
This combination of the WinPath 3 and the Virtex-6 offers
Accelerated Development / Lower cost of ownership
- Scalable RLC/MAC software from Wintegra:
- From 1.25 -> 20MHz per sector
- From 1 -> 3 sectors per device
- Layer 2 PDCP/RoHC implementation
- Backhaul and air interface security: support for AES, 3DES, HMAC-SHA1, HMAC-MD3, SNOW-3G
- Flexible, ‘software-defined’ PHY silicon from Xilinx with LTE Downlink and Uplink
- low latency, lower power & high compute bandwidth processing
- MAC/PHY API interface for tightly coupled L1/L2 solution
Road to 4G
- PHY, L1/L2 Software and Hardware Reference Designs => “fast-start” development
- Common Platform for complete portfolio => develop Pico to Multi sector Micro cell solutions which can be reutilized in Macro cells as well.
The 36702 is designed as an entry point for the development of next generation wireless micro, pico, and enterprise femto cell base stations. Interphase can adapt extend this solution to meet your needs in AMC or in any other form factor required.