iSPAN® 36MC2 10 GE OCTEON Packet Processor AdvancedMC™
Mid-Size and Full-Size AdvancedMC solutions based on Cavium OCTEON Plus (56xx) processors with configurations for 1x or 2x 10 GE SFP+ interfaces.
Wire-Speed Packet Processing
- Cavium Networks OCTEON Plus 56xx @ up to 600Mhz with 8, 10 or 12 cores each
- 2x GbE (AMC.2) plus 4x PCI-E (AMC.1) to carrier
- 1 or 2x 10 GbE SFP+ interfaces on front panel
- AMC.0 R2.0 Mid-size / Full-size AdvancedMC
- Support for Synchronous Ethernet
The Interphase i
SPAN® 36MC2 10 GE OCTEON AdvancedMC™ Packet Processor Card extends the broad portfolio of communication processing and network processing solutions to address the growing need for wire-speed packet processing solutions for the delivery of broadband services in the 3G Wireless, Voice Over IP and IMS network infrastructure.
High Performance – Multi-Core Processor
The 36MC2 is based on the Cavium OCTEON Plus high-performance multi-core processor architecture which provides:
- A pin compatible chip that can support 8 to 12 cnMIPS® Plus MIPS 32/64 architecture compatible cores
- Per core hardware acceleration for packet processing and security including addition of support for Kasumi for wireless security
- Integrated co-processors for packet I/O, compression/decompression, IDS and anti-virus
With its interchangeable SFP+ module interfaces, powerful onboard Octeon Plus packet processor, dual management interface and upgradeable memory, the i
SPAN 36MC2 is extremely versatile and provides the functionality necessary for migrating to next-generation infrastructures and converged networks.
Cavium Simple Executive and Linux®-based ready-to-use application / protocol suites are available to transform the 36MC2 into a specialized communications interface which can be easily integrated into solution platforms.
- 36MC2-000: Mid-Size AMC, 4GB DDR 2, 2 x 10GE, 12 Core Cavium 500 MHz NSP
- 36MC2-001: Full-Size AMC, 2x10GE SFP+, CN56xx
- Custom: Custom configurations can be provided. Please contact your sales representative for details.