iSPAN® 3640 AdvancedMC™ High-Performance T1/E1/J1 Controller
Octal Port Multiprotocol Controller for SS7 and Media Applications on AdvancedTCA and µTCA Platforms
Designed for Signaling and Media Applications
- Eight interfaces, individually software configurable as T1, E1 or J1
- Optimized for SS7 and Media applications
- Designed for ATCA and µTCA platforms
- Reliable and field-proven Software Development Suite (iWARE® SDS)
- On-board support for multiple network protocols:
- SS7 (MTP1 & MTP2) LSL/HSL
- TDM-to-IP Media Gateway*
- Single width, Mid-size or Full-size PICMG™ AMC.0 R2.0 compliant
- Front or Rear access
- High-impedance mode interfaces for monitoring applications
- Freescale™ MPC8568 (PowerQUICC III™ QUICC Engines™) processor
- PCI-Express (AMC.1) and Gigabit Ethernet (AMC.2) connectivity
The iSPAN 3640 AdvancedMC™ High Performance T1/E1/J1 Communications Controller, together with the iWARE Software Development Suite, delivers a comprehensive high-capacity connectivity solution for use with AdvancedTCA and MicroTCA platforms to deliver a wide range of Voice-Over-IP, Wireless and IP Multi-Media Subsystem (IMS) infrastructure application elements.
High Performance and Capacity
Via its 8 T1/E1/J1 interfaces, the iSPAN 3640 supports up to 248 SS7 Low Speed Links, 8 High Speed Links, or 248 media channels, and thus optimizes the system slot usage. Thanks to its high-performance PCI-Express interface or its gigabit Ethernet connectivity to a host processor, the iSPAN 3640 enables rapid exchange of payload information and is hence ideal for a broad spectrum of signaling applications.
Powerful Solution Architecture
The iSPAN 3640 incorporates the last generation of Freescale PowerQUICC III™ communications controller that enables this level of performance and capacity for highly demanding SS7 applications. With its FPGA-based TDM switching, enhanced raw data transfer mode to/from the host, and embedded TDM-to-IP Gateway function*, the iSPAN 3640 is also strongly designed for media applications.
With its high-impedance interfaces and monitoring mode of operation, the iSPAN 3640 is also the ideal platform for SS7 monitoring services applications.
(*) Future evolution